Peachland Preschool is funded through the California State Department of Education and is administered by the Mendocino County Superintendent of Schools Office. The Preschool Program offers morning classes, limited to a maximum of 16 enrolled children in each session. Children are served hot lunch in the classroom each day.
The Preschool provides equal treatment and access to services regardless of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity or physical handicap.
An integral part of the Preschool program is the regular involvement of parents in the activities of the school, and in the classroom. Parents are expected to make provision to be become participants on a regular basis in as many planned activities of benefit to the children as possible.
Peachland Preschool's philosophy is that each child should be allowed to develop his/her fullest potential emotionally, socially, physically and cognitively, and that this growth can occur only in an atmosphere which nurtures a child's self-esteem.
We believe that every child has the right to:
- Have a feeling of success and well-being, self esteem, self-confidence.
- Develop emotional health and social responsibility.
- Preserve natural curiosity about the world, develop problem-solving skills, and learn to be creative.
- Have a background of experience which will form a readiness for and love of learning in all curriculum areas: language, reading, music, mathematics, art, drama, science, social studies, with particular emphasis on communication skills.
- Have optimal opportunity for physical growth and healthful living.
- Develop knowledge of and respect for the variety of cultures within our community.
We believe families have the right to:
- Increase their knowledge about how children grow and develop.
- Learn how to help their families attain and maintain good health.
- Learn how to assist in their children's learning.
- Learn about their own capabilities for improving human relationships in the family and in society.
Peachland Preschool refrains from religious instruction or worship.