Anderson Valley Elementary School Attendance Board Policy 2017 - 2018
Attendance: Students are expected to arrive on time at 8:15 to school daily. After 8:20 a student will be considered tardy. Tardy students must report to the school office to get a tardy slip before they report to their classroom. Students who arrive after 10:00 am will need to bring a lunch from home. In the event, your child is unable to attend school, please call the school office at 895-3010 to report it.
Excused Absences: Students who are absent will be marked unexcused, unless excused by parent. A parent has the the right to excuse their child’s absence 10 times. Please refer to the following Ed Code for future absences.
California Education Code (48205 (a) states that only the following absences are excused: a parent should provide the school with a written excuse verifying the student participated in one of the following activities:
- California Education Code (48205 (a) states that only the following absences are excused:
- Illness (Doctor’s note required for all absences due to illness after the seventh absence. The note shall be on letterhead paper and contain clinic, name of physician, the time and date of the appointment)
- Routine Medical/dental appointments: verification of appointment (from doctor’s office) is required upon return to school. Appointments, in town, may only be excused up to a maximum of three hours. Any time over three hours will be marked as unexcused.
- Other justifiable absence: court, funeral service, religious service or employment conference. • College visit/testing (documentation required for verification, seniors only).
- Parents must request excusal in writing, and have college related absences approved by administrator at least one day in advance.
Students with CA Ed Code excused absences shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence within a reasonable amount of time. Tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence. (Ed. Code 48205 (b))