After School Instructional Assistant JR High School
Announcement of Vacant Position
Anderson Valley Junior High School
After School Program Instructional Assistant - Classified
Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of an administrator and the general direction of a specified teacher, supervises and tutors students after school, and performs other related duties as required.
$13.53 -$14.43 an hour per Column C on the Classified Salary Schedule
Employee will be a member of the local Classified State Employees' Association.
2 hours per day, 5 days per week, 11 months per year pending successful fingerprint clearance and submission of a recent tuberculosis test as required by the California Education Code.
In order to be considered for this position, the candidate must submit:
- A completed application
- A resume with clearly described education and employment background, including dates of employment at each organization.
- A copy of any required degree or credential (if applicable)
Applications are available for pick up in the District Office. Please mail completed applications to:
Anderson Valley Unified School District
P.O. Box 457
Boonville, CA 95415
After-School Program Tutor
Under the supervision of an administrator and the general direction of a specified teacher, supervised and tutors students after school, and performs other related duties as required.
Examples of Duties
Supervises students; assist students with homework and projects; communicate with teachers about assignments, tests, projects, and student progress.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Pass District Proficiency Examination
- Knowledge of correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation, general subject matter knowledge
- Knowledge of computers
- Work and assist students with school work
- Communicate well with students and staff
- Associate of Arts Degree
- Previous experience in tutoring or teaching