Elementary Physical Education Teacher .5FTE
All teachers are directly responsible to the Principal of the school in which
they teach. Each teacher will adhere to and enforce the policies and regulations of
the Board of Education of the Anderson Valley Unified School District and the laws
and regulations of the State of California. Each teacher will also perform duties
related to regular assignment and additional duties as assigned by the
Examples of Duties
Instructional Techniques and Strategies
• Effectively organize and present lessons, maximizing use of instructional
• Use instructional techniques at appropriate levels of difficulty.
• Use knowledge of sound principles of learning in presenting instruction.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the curriculum and subject matter for which the
employee is responsible.
• Diagnose student achievement levels.
• Formulate long-range and short-term objectives for students.
• Use appropriate lesson objectives for students.
• Use skills sequencing within a subject area.
• Evaluate student progress.
• Establish conditions under which students exercise self-discipline,
leadership, citizenship and initiative.
• Create a classroom environment which promotes learning.
• Organize students for effective instruction.
• Plan for and make effective use of time, materials and resources.
• Maintain and submit student records in a timely manner.
• Plan and schedule appropriate use of volunteers and assistants.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with students, peers,
administrators and parents/community.
• Follow Board of Education and District policies, as well as school
procedures, rules and regulations.
• Demonstrate a concern for student health and safety.
• Collaborate with others to fulfill responsibilities related to goals and
priorities at the school and district level.
• Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties in a timely and
• Participate in professional growth opportunities.
• Promote a positive professional image by action, communication, and
• Maintain confidentiality in all professional relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must hold, or be eligible to hold, valid California
teaching credential authorizing assignment. Successful completion of student
Bilingual in Spanish and English desirable.
Previous teaching experience in subject area and/or level desirable