Jr./Sr. High School Math Teacher
All classroom teachers are directly responsible to the Principal of the school in which they teach. Each teacher will adhere to and enforce the policies and regulations of the Board of Education of the Anderson Valley Unified School District and the laws and regulations of the State of California. Each teacher will also perform duties related to regular classroom assignment and additional duties as assigned by the Principal.
Examples of Duties
Instructional Techniques and Strategies
- Effectively organize and present lessons, maximizing use of instructional time.
- Use instructional techniques at appropriate levels of difficulty.
- Use knowledge of sound principles of learning in presenting instruction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the curriculum and subject matter for which the employee is responsible.
- Diagnose student achievement levels.
- Formulate long-range and short-term objectives for students.
- Use appropriate lesson objectives for students.
- Use skills sequencing within a subject area.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Establish conditions under which students exercise self-discipline, leadership, citizenship and initiative.
- Create a classroom environment which promotes learning.
- Organize students for effective instruction.
- Plan for and make effective use of time, materials and resources.
- Maintain and submit student records in a timely manner.
- Plan and schedule appropriate use of volunteers and assistants.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with students, peers,administrators and parents/community.
- Follow Board of Education and District policies, as well as school procedures, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate a concern for student health and safety.
- Collaborate with others to fulfill responsibilities related to goals and priorities at the school and district level.
- Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities.
- Promote a positive professional image by action, communication, and appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality in all professional relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must hold, or be eligible to hold, valid California teaching credential authorizing assignment. Successful completion of student teaching program.
Bilingual in Spanish and English desirable.
Previous teaching experience in subject area and/or level desirable.