Confidential Administrative Assistant- Human Resources
Announcement of Vacant Position
Anderson Valley Unified School District
Confidential Administrative Assistant – Human Resources
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Acts as the secretary and personnel manager to the District Superintendent and Board of Trustees
$44,215/year per the Confidential Salary Schedule
Employee will be a member of the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) to which both the employee and AVUSD contribute. Employee will be eligible for Health, Dental and Vision insurance for employee and their family.
8 hours per day, 5 days per week, 12 months per year, 261 days per year, pending successful fingerprint clearance and submission of a recent tuberculosis test as required by the California Education Code.
In order to be considered for this position, the candidate must submit:
- A completed application
- A resume with clearly described education and employment background, including dates of employment at each organization.
- A copy of any required degree or credential (if applicable)
Applications are available for pick up in the District Office. Please mail completed applications to:
Anderson Valley Unified School District
P.O. Box 457
Boonville, CA 95415
Confidential Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
POSITION TITLE: Confidential Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
Education: Regular high school education or equivalent, including, or supplemented by training in secretarial practice, personnel administration, accounting and bookkeeping. Experience in an educational setting is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience or at least three years of personnel experience. Some post-secondary training in secretarial and personnel areas are desirable. Experience working in a school district office and bookkeeping skills are beneficial.
Skills: Knowledge of English usage, extensive vocabulary including bookkeeping terms.
Aptitude and ability to perform tasks relating to personnel in a mature, efficacious manner.
Basic understanding of modern business office procedures.
Advanced computer literacy that includes proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, calculators and other similar equipment.
Keyboarding of 50 WPM or better.
Must have good organizational and time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with the general public, all staff members, and the management team.
Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Acts as Confidential Administrative Assistant for the District Office with support to the Business Manager and Superintendent. Informs management in decision making relating to human resources.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Include serving as the personnel manager for the District under the supervision of the Superintendent. Responsible for maintaining accurate and current personnel files for certificated and classified employees. Responsible for District compliance in meeting certification requirements for personnel. Responsible for personnel job advertisements through proper placement offices. Performs other personnel duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Board of Trustees.
- Responsibilities for partial district level bookkeeping/record keeping duties, including; payroll, receivables and deposits, accounts payable, purchasing, cafeteria record keeping support, Special Education data support, assisting during periods of audit and review; responsible for compiling, typing and distribution of district level reports; monthly, P-I, P-II and final attendance reports to County and State; monthly enrollment/ada reports to Superintendent. Responsibility for all district level forms being in compliance.
- Functions as District Office receptionist: receives and routes telephone calls.
- May serve as backup for Recording Secretary for the Board of Trustees.
- Supports Site Principals for Human Resource and other compliance matters.
- Performs other duties as directed by the District Superintendent and Business Manager.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Administrative Assistant/Personnel Assistant position is an 8 hour/day per year assignment. Salary benefits and vacation in accordance with district personnel policies.